What Are Hemorrhoids?
They can be described as masses or clumps (“cushions”) of tissue within the anal canal that contain blood vessels and the surrounding, supporting tissue made up of muscle and elastic fibers. Although most people think hemorrhoids are abnormal, they are present in everyone. It is only when the hemorrhoidal cushions enlarge that hemorrhoids can cause problems and be considered abnormal or a disease.
Formation Of Hemorrhoids
If the hemorrhoid originates at the top (rectal side) of the anal canal, it is referred to as an internal hemorrhoid. If it originates at the lower end of the anal canal near the anus, it is referred to as an external hemorrhoid.
Causes Of Haemorrhoids:
- Inadequate intake of fiber,
- prolonged sitting on the toilet
- Chronic straining to have a bowel movement (constipation).
- Pregnancy is a clear cause of enlarged hemorrhoids though, the reason is not clear.
- Tumors in the pelvis also cause enlargement of hemorrhoids by pressing on veins draining upwards from the anal canal.
Symptoms Of Haemorrhoids
- Bulging of mass per anum.
- Bleeding through stools
- Pain in anum
- Itching in anal region
New latest Technology:
This is the newest technique for laser surgery for piles treating hemorrhoids, and it has rapidly become the treatment of choice for third-degree hemorrhoids.
This technique is much effective; easier approach and is done by only few surgeons in India including Dr.Rajan Modi at Kapadia Multispeciality Hospital.