Piles or a hemorrhoid refers to the formation of swollen blood vessels across the rectum and anus. This primarily happens when the haemorrhoidal veins situated at the posterior part of the rectum stretch, become thin and get inflamed by bowel movements.
This condition is classified into two types which are:
- Internal Piles: The internal piles occur within the rectum are not painful due to lack of sensing nerves. At times, it collapses and protrudes outside anal sphincter, which appears like moist pads of skin. This prolapsed haemorrhoids and can be treated with laser surgery for piles.
- External Piles: The external piles are present in the anus and thus can be more uncomfortable. When this prolepses outside (due to the movement of stool) they become visible. Blood clots occur on them, leading to a painful stage known as thrombosis. When the external piles get thrombosed it turns from pink to blue and could even bleed.
What Are The Causes of Piles?
An individual at any age can be the victim of piles. It is a common diseases, that affects over 50% of the people at some point or the other. However, they are usually seen during pregnancy or elderly age, when the haemorrhoids become weak. No matter what the cause behind this condition might be, getting the best piles treatment in Goregaon is of utmost importance.
The four situations that increases the chance of developing piles include:
- Chronic Constipation
- Hereditary factors and
In chronic constipation, excess pressure is applied on the rectum making the veins push against the wall of anus, resulting into feeble and weak anus muscles. This ruptures the haemorrhoids which bleeds making stools even tougher to eject. It is often accompanied with pain and sensitivity. In case of ageing, the tissues present across the lining area get less supportive and affect the haemorrhoids veins.
Similarly, in pregnancy the pressure of baby lying in the anus and rectum breaks the veins and causes piles. Other than that, in certain cases people have inherited weakness at the anal region that makes them prone to this condition.
Know More About the Symptoms of Piles
It must be noted that the symptoms of pile do vary and is influenced by the cause and nature of the condition.
Some of the common signs that are often faced by people are:
- A feeling of hard lump at the anus region. It is usually coagulated blood that is often seen in external piles.
- Bright red blood comes out after bowel movement
- Discharge of mucus when bowels pass
- A feeling of having full bowel, even after going to the toilet
- Area around the anus turns sore and red and
- Itchiness and inflammation at the affected area
A good practice is to consult with a doctor immediately when you come across at least two or more signs of piles. This is because opting for best piles treatment in Goregaon can apparently prevent the disease from getting worse.