How Is Hiatus Hernia Treated?
This may be performed laparoscopically. In a laparoscopic fundoplication, small (1 cm) incisions are made in the abdomen, through which instruments and a fiberoptic camera are passed. The operation is performed using these small instruments while the surgeon watches the image on a video monitor.
Advantages Of Laparoscopic Hiatus Hernia:
- less pain
- shorter hospitalization.
Different Types Of Hernia Are Thereand So There Are Varied Type Of Surgery.
Commonest Hernia is inguinal hernia; three broad category of surgery are
- Herniotomy- Neck of sac is ligated done in young children
- Hernioplasty- Neck of sac is ligated and posterior wall is repaired in young adults.
- Herniorraphy-Neck of sac is ligated and posterior wall is reinforced with a foreign material called mesh.
There are two approaches for surgery for inguinal hernia and that is
- Approach from front-by open technique. Most commonest and time tested approach.
- Approach frm behind – by laparoscopy technique again either by intraperitoneal-TAPP
Preferred in both sides hernia & pairless procedure.