Dr. RAJAN .N. MODI earned his Bachelor of Science degree at Mumbai State University. He then attended J.J.SCHOOL OF University Medical School and received his M.S. He then did a fellowship in minimal access surgery which has been his professional focus ever since to give the smallest scar.
Dr. Rajan Modi M.S, F.M.A.S
Fellowship in minimal access surgery Best Surgent in Surgery for Varicose Veins & Diabetes Foot Treatment
- MBBS – From Grant Medical College
- M.S – From Grant Medical College
- FMAS – (Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery)
- Member of American College of Phlebology
- MEMBER – DIABETIC FOOT SOCIETY OF INDIA
- MEMBER OF AMERICAN COLLEGE OF PHLEBOLOGY
- MEDICAL DIRECTOR AND PROMOTER – KAPADIA MULTISPECIALITY HOSPITAL
- MEDICAL DIRECTOR AND PROMOTER – WOUND AND VEIN ADVANCED CLINIC
- MEDICAL DIRECTOR AND PROMOTER – PHYSIO AND DIAGNO LOUNGE
- HONORARY SURGEON AND HEAD OF DEPARTMENT – HINDUSAMRAT BALASAHEB THAKREY HOSPITAL
- CONSULTANT LAPROSCOPIC SURGEON AND VARICOSE VEINS SPECIALIST – ZEN HOSPITAL, CHEMBUR
Dr. Rajan Modi has always kept himself updated by visiting conferences & workshops as he believes that “What was good then is not good today, and Probably with the progress what is good now may not be good enough in future” .
Successfully mastered the Laparoscopic Abdominal Procedures, Laser and Stapler Piles procedures & Diabetic Foot Management during his practice of last twenty five years.
During this period, operating all vein surgery with old gold standard techniques of stripping realized a strong need for minimal access for these problems of Varicose Veins and mastered the techniques with various workshops and attending international masters and thus became a member of American College of Phlebology, USA.
He understood the increasing prevalence of Diabetes in the society and its bad effects such as Diabetic Foot, Diabetic Neuropathy and Diabetic Wounds. He then mastered techniques of Diabetic Foot Care and started implementing in his practice. Dr. Rajan Modi established modern state of art Surgical Services in suburbs of Mumbai i.e. Goregaon in 1987 at Kapadia Multspeciality Hospital. Dr.Rajan Modi also has rich and long experience in administration and management.
Dr. Rajan Modi started his career with Kapadia Multispecialty Hospital, Goregaon Mumbai and implemented his past rich experience of J. J. Hospital (Hub for advance General Surgeries). He successfully established and develop a very modern and comprehensive surgical center.
Dr. Rajan Modi has published several papers, delivered guest lectures and chaired scientific sessions at various places. His major area of interest is Diabetic Foot Care, Varicose Vein & Proctology. He then established first Advanced Wound & Vein clinic of Mumbai with State of Art technologies and HBOT & Podiatry Support. Here he treated many patients of Diabetic Foot using his skills and advanced technology through holistic approach and saved legs of many.
Presently contributing with his skills and values of humanity at his own hospital named as Kapadia Multispecialty Hospital which is fully equipped with modern and sophisticated equipment to provide all the medical services related with General Surgery and facilities related to the general health to the needy patents. Hospital ensures state of the art healthcare services of the highest quality and international standard with safety, security and reliability through intervention of medical and paramedical staff.
Areas of specialization:
- DIABETIC FOOT CARE – Ulcers | Neuropathy | Pain Management | Gangrene
- LASER – Piles | Fissures | Fistula | Pilonidal Sinus
- PILES - Stapler Surgery
- LASER - Varicose Veins
- LAPAROSCOPY HERNIA – Inguinal | Diaphragmatic | Hiatus |Femoral | Umbilical
- LAPAROSCOPY - Gall Stones | Appendix
- ENDOSCOPY – Gastroscopy | Colonoscopy | Sigmoidoscopy | ERCP
Associations and Affiliations:
- Member – Diabetic Foot Society of India
- Member - Association of Surgeon of India
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeon of India
- Association of Medical Consultant
- Indian Medical Association
- Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeon
- Malad Medical Association
- Goregaon Medical Association
Papers, Presentations and Conferences:
- Presented many articles on Diabetic Foot Management in various newspapers & delivered many lectures at various places and consortiums.
- Surgical training workshop on Laser Surgery done for overseas Surgeons. 5 such workshop done in a span of 8 months. Around 20 surgeons trained by Dr. Rajan Modi.
- Presented Paper on Experiences of Recurrent Pilonidal Sinus at 41 Acrsion National Conference, Kolkata on 23rd September 2018.
- Training Surgeons from all over India on special technique of laparoscopy Hernia TEP and Live Demonstration of TEP Hernia Camp in K.E.M. Hospital on 8th August 2018.
- Live interview of Dr. Rajan Modi on News 10 Lokmat, Marathi Channel on 18th August 2018.
- Lecture on Newer Technique in Hernia Surgery in Malad Medical Association on 12th August 2018.
- Lecture on Varicose Vein in Venous Association of India on 19th January 2018 in Vadodara, Gujarat.
- Session on wound management conference on 8th September 2017.
- Part of Panel Discussion of Zen Hospital Conference 2017.
- Speaker in confer AMA ON 4th October 2015.
- Presentation n Endovenous Ablation in Varicose Vein on 29th September 2013 in Mumbai.
- Expert talk in Diabetic Foot Management 5th Anal all India conference on 15th October 2006
- Troubleshooting in Hiatal Hernia Surgery – Live surgery, Webinar and Panelist for Panel discussion (October 2020).
- ACRSICON 2020 – 43RD Annual National Conference.
- Safety of LAP Cholecystectomy – Live surgery, Webinar and Panelist for Panel discussion (October 2020).
- Recent Advances in Ventral Hernia – Speaker (October 2020)
- Diabetic Foot Care and Foot Infection – Facebook Live Lecture Series (July 2020)
- Hinduhridaysamrat Balasaheb Thackeray Trauma Care Municipal Hospital, Mumbai
- Zen Hospital, Mumbai
- Kapadia Multispeciality Hospital, Mumbai
- Wound and Vein Advanced Clinic, Mumbai
- Physio Lounge Diagno Lounge, Mumbai
- Honorary Surgeon at Vaishnav Seva Samaj Kandivali
- Honorary Surgeon at M.L.Dhowale, Malad.
- Honorary Surgeon at Sadguru Daskeshini Sai Baba Trust