Dr. Sheshang Kamath M.B.B.S, M.S, M.Ch
Urologist, Urological Surgeon
- Undergraduate Medical School (M.B.B.S): Seth G.S Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai. (2007- 2013), Cleared in First attempt.
- Postgraduate Medical School (M.S. General Surgery): Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College and General Hospital (2013-2016), Cleared in First attempt.
- Superspeciality Training (M.Ch Urology): Seth G.S Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai ( August 2016- August 2019)
- Second prize for oral paper presentation titled “Dietary and Metabolic evaluation among patients of Urolithiasis” Urology Association of Asia Congress, Malaysia 2019
- Best Chief resident award among all specialities for the year 2018 at Seth G.S Medical College and K.E.M hospital for excellence in Academic activities and patient care.
- Second prize for oral paper presentation titled “To study the incidence and preintervention factors associated with acute kidney injury in patients diagnosed with ureteric calculi” in WZUSICON 2018 Raipur.
- Third prize for oral paper presentation titled “Priapism in hematologic disorder” in WZUSICON 2018 Raipur.
- First prize for podium paper presentation on “Laparoscopic ureterolithotomy in a case of multiple ureteric calculi along entire length of ureter ” at Mumbai urological society meet at Daman, 2018.
- Third prize in Urology residents Quiz in WZUSICON 2018 Raipur.
- Poster presentation on “Predictors of AKI in ureteric calculi” at USICON, Jaipur 2018
- Poster presentation on “Non diabetic emphysematous pyelonephritis” at USICON, Jaipur 2018
- Podium paper Presentation on “Outcomes of dorsal onlay urethroplasty- a single institutional experience” at WZUSICON, 2017.
- Poster presentation on “Superadded calculi on retained ureteral stents- study of its composition and factors promoting them” at WZUSICON, Bhopal 2017.
- Paper presentation on “Predictors of mortality in Emphsematous pyelonephritis” at WZUSICON, Bhopal 2017. Video presentation on “Transpubic urethroplasty in case of post Millins prostatectomy stricture” at WZUSICON, Bhopal 2017.
- Podium paper presentation on “Non Diabetic Emphysematous pyelonephritis” at Mumbai Urological society meet, Karjat, 2017.
- Podium paper presentation on “Page Kidney in HELLP syndrome” at Mumbai Urological society meet, Lonavala, 2016.
- General Surgery
- Best oral paper presentation in MASICON 2016 for paper tiltled “Preoperative predictors of choledocholithiasis”. Second place in Traumasicon Chennai 2015 for oral paper presentation on “Is prhospital delay a reality or a myth” Second place in Paper Presentation on “Management of Splenic pseudoaneursyms secondary to trauma” in TRINITY 2016, Mumbai
- Kamath SU, Dharap SB. Non Operative Approach to Isolated Traumatic Pancreatic Duct Disruption. J Clin Diagn Res. 2016 Mar;10(3):PD08-10.
- Kamath SU, Dharap SB, Kumar V. Scoring system to preoperatively predict choledocholithiasis. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2016 May;35(3):173-8.
- Dharap SB, Kamath S, Kumar V. Does prehospital time affect survival of major trauma patients where there is no prehospital care? J Postgrad Med. 2017
Jul-Sep;63(3):169-175. doi: 10.4103/0022-3859.201417.
- Sheshang Uday Kamath, Bhushan Patil, Sujata Kiran Patwardhan Postpartum Page Kidney Secondary to HELLP Syndrome Year 2018, Volume 12, Issue 10
- Under preparation for issue- Sheshang Uday Kamath, Bhushan Patil, Sujata Kiran Patwardhan. Importance of time in management of penile fracture: a prospective study. Urology Annals.
- Under preparation for issue- Sheshang Uday Kamath, Bhushan Patil, Sujata Kiran Patwardhan. To study the incidence and preintervention factors associated with AKI in patients diagnosed with ureteric calculi. Urology Annals.
- Under preparation for issue- Sheshang Uday Kamath, Bhushan Patil, Sujata Kiran Patwardhan. Laparoscopic ureterolithotomy in a case of multiple ureteric calculi along entire length of ureter. African Journal of urology.
- Under preparation for issue- Sheshang Uday Kamath, Bhushan Patil, Sujata Kiran Patwardhan. To study the predictors of mortality among patients of emphysematous pyelonephritis. Saudi J of Kidney disease and tansplant.
ONGOING PROJECTS AND RESEARCH
- Enhanced recovery after surgery for radical cystectomy in carcinoma bladder in a tertiary health care centre in India: a pilot study
- Nomograms for Paediatric uroflowmetry according to age
- Mutations in carcinoma bladder: A pilot study
- Impact of Clinically Insignificant Residual Renal Stone Fragments following Therapy with Minimally Invasive Techniques
- Urethroplasty workshop over 3 days in November 2017, 12 urethroplasties done
- 3 PCNL camps - 60 patients operated on an average over 3 days in December 2016, August 2017 and March 2018
- “Urology-Endocrinology adrenal summit” at KEM Hospital, Mumbai in April 2018 “ESWL CME” at KEM Hospital, Mumbai in March 2019
Sheshang Kamath, M.B.B.S, M.S., MCh. Curriculum Vitae
- PCNL (operated 108, assisted 158) Miniperc, supine, laparoscopic assisted PCNL, pushback PCNL,
- Bipolar and mono polar TURP (operated 32, assisted 12) THULEP,
- Semirigid URSL, (operated 48, assisted 30), RIRS,
- TURBT, VIU, Ureterocoele incision, cystolithotripsy
- Minor procedures- rigid and flexible cystoscopy, emergency and elective DJ Stenting and emergency PCN insertion
- TRUS guided Prostate biopsies with prostatic block
- Ultrasound procedures: Ultrasound guided ESWL, PCN insertion, DJ stenting, PCNL, cyst aspiration, SPC insertion
- Open surgeries- Urethroplasties (anastomotic, substitution), suprapubic cystolithotomy, Hypospadias repair, Nephrectomy, RPLND, High inguinal orchiectomy, ureteric reimplant, ureteric- ureterostomy, ileal ureter substation, renal auto transplantation, A-H pyeloplasty, Uretero- calicostomy, transvaginal VVF repair using Martius flap, Augmentation and clam cystoplasty, TVT slings, Bursch colposuspension, Tanagho’s surgery for urogenital sinus, Penile reconstruction using forearm flap.
- Laparoscopy- Ureterolithotomy, ureteric reimplant, vesicovaginal fistula repair, ureteric-ureterostomy, pyeloplasty, Nephrectomy, radical cystectomy with extracorporeal ileal conduit/ neobladder, radical prostatectomy, radical Nephrectomy, deroofing of renal cyst,
- Andrology procedures- Microvaricocelectomy, TURED, vaso-vasostomy, TESA, TESE
- Renal transplants- laparoscopic donor Nephrectomy and recipient of renal transplant
- Wards- Managed 36 patients in postoperative wards, 15 referrals and 2 ICU patients daily, presenting Grand Rounds weekly.
- Participated in weekly journal clubs, mortality meetings and webinars with other urology institutes, Uro- nephrology meet and Uro-radiology meet.
- Cricket Secretary at Seth G.S. Medical College from 2008-2009 Model United Nations representative for KEM Hospital in 2009
Sports Head in “AAVISHKAAR 2009” (college festival) at KEM Hospital Participant in World Youth Festival at Stuttgart, Germany in 2009 Participant in Global Health Conference in Hobart, Australia in 2010
Areas of specialization:
- Endo Urology
- Reconstructive Urology
- Pediatric Urology
Associations and Affiliations:
- Associations of Surgeons of India (Permanent)
- Urological Society of India (K391)
- American Urological Association 2018-2019 (AUA ID 01021477) 4. SIU 2018-2019
- Mumbai Urological society
- West Zone Urological Society of India
Papers, Presentations and Conferences:
- Annual conference USICON 2017 at Mumbai
- Annual conference WZUSICON 2017 at Bhopal
- Mumbai urological society conference at Karjat in December 2017
- Annual conference USICON 2018 at Jaipur
- LUTS 2018 at Hyderabad in April 2018
- Andrology conference at MPUH, Nadiad in April 2018
- Singapore Urological Association Residency Course, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore in July 2018
- Mumbai Urological Society meet at Daman, August 2018
- USI- Board of examination certificate course at Hyderabad, August 2018
- WZUSICON 2018 at Raipur, September 2018
- Annual Conference, USICON 2019 at Bhubaneswar
- “URETHRA at AINU” at Asian Institute of Nephrourology, Hyderabad in February 2019
- Board of Examination- exam conducted by Urological Society of India in Rajkot, March 2019
- Urology association of Asia Congress conducted in Malaysia in August 2019.
SEMINARS AND WORKSHOPS
- Participated in “Basic Workshop on Research Methodology” held by Maharashtra University of Health Sciences from 25/08/2015 to 27/08/2015
- “Wisdom of Waves” - Uro oncology workshop at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, in May 2018 and May 2019
- “CME on Multi-organ donation” at Sion Hospital, Mumbai, March 2018
- “Urology- Endocrinology adrenal summit” for Adrenal disorders at KEM Hospital, Mumbai in April 2018 “Best of EAU 2018” Masterclass in Mumbai, July 2018
- “Update on Prostate cancer” at Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai, July 2018
- “Postgraduate seminar” at Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai, July 2018
- “Urology update series-I” on upper tract urothelial malignancy at Bombay Hospital, Mumbai in January 2019 “Urology update series-II” on renal transplantation at Bombay Hospital, Mumbai in February 2019
- “KEM expert training course-RIRS” supported by Olympus, GIZ training at KEM Hospital, Mumbai, February 2019
- “Urology Update series-III” on Andrology at Bombay Hospital in March 2019 “ESWL CME” at KEM Hospital, Mumbai in March 2019
- “Urethroplasty workshop” at KEM Hospital, Mumbai in March 2019
- CeMAST Workshop on Endoscopic enucleation of Prostate, Mumbai, April 2019
- “Minimally invasive stone management workshop” at Sion Hospital, Mumbai, April 2019